part 3

Reflection

Evolution

In this project I made good use of different ways to study topics of interest to me and achieved good results. My subject is the study of the relationship between people. I have always been interested in this question and have many doubts. How do people stay in a relationship In my initial thoughts, I think it rest with  everyone's choices. For example, in a relationship between three people, when you choose to be close to one person, you must be relatively distant from the other person. As time goes by, relationships tend to bruise easily. But after I talked to different people about it, my thoughts changed. Human connections aren't that tenuous, but maintaining a relationship over time requires both people to work together. So my research turned to a balance between what I gave and what I got in return. But this is a very abstract question. I need to make a specific jewelry to embody this topic.

I get a lot of references from books, the Internet, documentaries, and museums. In the part of model making , I tried to use materials such as leather, foam boards and wood. This is very helpful to me in the final product making. And in my attempts at material, I feel that my ideas are still not bold enough. I wish I had more opportunities to try interesting materials. In the design process, I like to draw a lot of small sketches to record my thoughts, and drawing is a very direct and effective way of expressing my thoughts. I think it's a very good way to do it, and I need to keep it that way. In terms of time allocation, I have a lot of shortcomings. At the beginning of the project, I spent so much time studying the philosophy of human relationships that I felt I didn't have enough time to design at a later stage. I think I need to keep a tight rein on my time so I can push myself to better finish the project. When I developed my idea, I have a lot of different ideas ,  I thought it would broaden my mind.In my design , I need two people to work with it, and I used the blue acrylic to make the bracelet , and I used the wool to weave the lines to connect the two part. The twisted wool represents a complex relationship between people. I use a magnet to fix the bracelet, so when the motion frequency of the two sides is not consistent, the connection will be disconnected.

I have some regrets about this project. The technique is a big problem for me. Most of the time I think my final ideas  are satisfying, but I often fail to fully reflect my thoughts during the production process. The constraints of the way I make them make me very depressed. Improving my production skills is one of my big tasks, and I want to solve this problem. In this production process I have a lot of improvement in my ability, this is a satisfactory aspect.

About my final outcome ,  I'm happy with it . I'm a person who cares about my friends, and I want to keep in touch with my friends, and through this project I've solved my problems and designed a work that I'm happy with. I hope there are more opportunities for independent design, which is a wonderful thing.

Final outcome

26/02/18

In class, the teacher asked us to discuss with each other and make suggestions.

I found some new artists. I can use some different ways to express the balance and choice.

In my research,I exhibiting some very repressed emotion. I think I can do some research to show that people are happy with each other. Human interaction is more about positive emotions than negative. 

First I want to design a piece of jewelry for two or more people and to keep the relationship in balance. But now I want to show some hurt or some impact when you to break the balance.

Image

01/03/18

We started to draw some sketches today. We began to study how to wear them in different places. I chose the feet, the hands and the torso. In design, my focus is on what the two people wearing will have to do when they are apart. For example, it can cause discomfort to one party or act as an obstacle to both. I decided to continue my research by drawing more sketches. In my first idea,I just keep the connection between two feet.It's too easy.So I changed my idea.This idea is for two people and you can wear it on you foot.Maybe it is a good idea,but I think I can`t make it. Finally I design a piece of jewelry on hand,This idea need two people to keep the balance.xxxxxxxxxx

09/03/18

Today we need to make a model and take a photo of this model. I tried leather, rope and wooden strips to make this model. The neck is a very fragile place and I want to use this place to connect with each other. The other two bracelets were worn on the other person's wrists. The two were connected to each other with ropes, expressing the complex emotions and connections between the two persons . When a person chooses to stay away, you can take the initiative to move to the other side or choose not to let the rope disconnect to abandon this connection. I hope to further improve my ideas and try different materials for production.

20/03/18

I continued to try to model it today because I wasn't happy with the Model I had done. I think I need to simplify my ideas. I think it would be better to have a better idea of what's in the hands of two people. And I'd like to try some flexible materials. I can try out more materials in the coming holidays. I need do more sketching to express my ideas. I found some problems that I can’t choose some material really I want. I think I can solve this problem by experimenting with different materials.

22/03/22

What materials have you experimented with? What is successful and what is not?

I tried to make it out of leather, but I found that the leather didn't have very good plasticity. If there was a lack of elasticity in using the connection material, I decided to give up the material. Then I tried to make a model out of foam. This material is very good in shaping but very light in weight, unable to express a sense of weight in a connection. I decided to try something else. Between the wood and the plastic, I ended up with plastic. I wanted to use translucent plastic to represent the layers, which wood could not achieve. As for the connection material, I initially wanted to use the chain, but the weight of the chain made me give up the idea. I decided to look for elastic materials, such as springs, rubber bands, rubber, etc. The choice of materials largely determines the quality of the final piece , and I decided to think twice before making a decision.

01/04/18

Today I started experimenting with a new way to connect. I want to use knitting wool to connect to my design. I think of intersecting lines like our complex relationships, and I think that's a good way to put it. The light weight of the wool is the ideal material. And the knitting wool can be stretched under the action of the force, is elastic. I think it's an ideal material. I tried it right away. I think I can apply this material to my final piece.

08/04/18

I decided on my final design by the time of the holiday. So I need go to the workshop today. I hesitated for a long time about the choice of acrylic board color, and finally chose blue. Blue is a calming color. I think in my design, I want people to connect in a peaceful, gentle way. I chose the translucent acrylic to represent the layers. In the process of grinding, I found it difficult to polish the surface to smooth with sandpaper. So I soaked the sandpaper, placed the acrylic plate under the running water to Polish, and finally got the ideal effect. I think it's a good idea. Tomorrow I need to assemble the different parts, which is another challenge.

09/04/18

There's been a situation with today's Assembly. I didn't press the acrylic plate hard enough during the drilling, which caused the problem with the drill. This is what I need to be aware of next time. The first idea for installing magnets was to embed magnets in the cross section of the acrylic, but since there wasn't a proper machine to do it, I decided to make it up and down in an embedded magnet. In this way I managed to solve the problem.

Reflective

At the beginning of the project, I chose to study the effects of choice in relationships.At the beginning of the project, I chose to study the effects of choice in relationships. I think relationships are complicated. We need to reach out to and choose from many different people. When you approach someone, you have to alienate someone else. Disconnect when you're constantly choosing to be distant. I think that's a good idea. But in the course of my research, I found that such topics are too abstract to be expressed in concrete terms. So I simplified my idea. Finally I decided to study the maintenance of the relationship between the two people . The relationship between two people is much simpler than a complicated relationship. And the balance of effort and reward in a relationship is the key to maintaining a relationship.

Evaluate your sketchbook work.

I did a lot of collage on the sketchbook, and I wanted to use visual impact to inspire me. I want to show that the connections between people are messy. I get a lot of ideas in this way, and I think it's useful.

Review your research.

A lot of my research on the art of behavior and philosophy have provided me with a lot of ideas, but I also need to do more research on vision and jewelry, which I hope will provide more ideas for my design.

Reflect on your ideas development.

At first I didn't want to make a jewelry that could be worn by multiple people, but I found that jewelry worn by a single person did not reflect my theme So I finally decided to design a jewelry that can be connected to two people and it takes two people to work together . I have thought about using the ball  . The ball needs two people to keep the balance . This can be very good to express my thoughts, but without visual impact . So start looking for a way to show the break . Finally I chose the magnet . Magnets can be used to hold, but they break off when the force is too much, which satisfies my requirements . I designed the bracelet with the magnet, and I still have the intricacies of knitting two people together in a way that connects two people . When two people are too far apart, the magnet will break off and the bracelet will fall off Of the hand.

Reflect on your subject specialist approach.

After setting the direction, I began to find many visual illustrations . I wanted to inspire my inspiration with the visual impact of these works.

Reflect on your time management. Define your aims.

In terms of time allocation, I have a lot of shortcomings. At the beginning of the project, I spent so much time studying the philosophy of human relationships that I felt I didn't have enough time to design at a later stage. I think I need to keep a tight rein on my time so I can push myself to better finish the project

final outcome

Image

27/02/18

We shared pictures of our research today. I've found more interesting ways to develop. I've found that human relationships are also a choice, and that when you choose to be closer to someone you have to stay away from other people. This is an inevitable and cruel phenomenon. Because a person's energy and emotions are limited, this forces you to unconsciously assign each person different kinds of emotion. One can accept such differences within a certain limit, but it is difficult to maintain the emotional balance when the amount given to one another is too large to exceed a certain limit. I want to keep looking at the choices people make. At the same time i want to understand the different limits acceptable to different people.

15/02/18

In choosing this project, i decided to combine my own experiences with my own feelings. I think it's easy to have problems between friends.There are many different levels of human relationships. On first meeting people are strangers, but after even a slight touch people can have different emotions. When the connection between two people enters another level, people have a more in-depth interaction. Contrary to creating good feelings in a relationship people can also generate negative feelings. The distance between people can grow farther and farther away. The distance and closeness of a relationship is not determined by one person, but by two people choosing one another. To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is more of a challenge. In a relationship between two people, conflict arises when two people choose different levels of connection and intimacy in the relationship and don't feel the same way. A person's feelings will feel unbalanced if they are not reciprocated. So i chose to study the balance between giving and receiving in a relationship and exploring how to maintain a stable relationship.

Image

03/15/18

The completion of this project is a huge challenge for me. I was a little unsure of what I was thinking when I first identified the subject. I have always been interested in the study of interpersonal emotional communication and relationship retention. I also have a lot of questions about this topic . So I decided to study how to maintain the connection . But in the course of my research I found it difficult to design a wearable piece of jewelry. The subject is more like a philosophical question. Although I encountered a lot of problems and changed a lot of ideas in the process, fortunately I managed to finish the project successfully.

.After setting the direction, I began to find many visual illustrations . I wanted to inspire my inspiration with the visual impact of these works At first I didn't want to make a jewelry that could be worn by multiple people, but I found that jewelry worn by a single person did not reflect my theme So I finally decided to design a jewelry that can be connected to two people and it takes two people to work together . I have thought about using the ball ball . The ball needs two people to keep the balance . This can be very good to express my thoughts, but without visual impact . So start looking for a way to show the break . Finally I chose the magnet . Magnets can be used to hold, but they break off when the force is too much, which satisfies my requirements . I designed the bracelet with the magnet, and I still have the intricacies of knitting two people together in a way that connects two people . When two people are too far apart, the magnet will break off and the bracelet will fall off Of the hand.

I needed to cut a huge acrylic board during the production process, and I was so scared that I couldn't get the shape I wanted. I gradually built up a bit of confidence in the later assembly. The project was carried out with excitement and tension. The process of the project did not go well. But I can work through my efforts and communicate with my teachers to solve problems together. I think that's a big step forward for me.

Image